Book a video consultation
GPlive is an online video consultation service which allows you to speak face to face with a GP through your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop 7 days a week. All laya healthcare schemes offer a 20% discount for GPlive placing the cost per consultation between €22.40 and €28.00; while some schemes offer a specific number of free consultations.
This browser doesn't support video consultations. Read below ...
- 8am to 10pm - Monday to Friday
- 10am to 8pm - Saturday
- 10am to 4pm - Sunday
- All GPs are based in Ireland and are registered with Irish Medical Council and familiar with Irish medical practices
- GPlive GPs can authorise most onward referrals
- Free app to download*
The GPlive GP lets you book a private video consultation with a GP at a time convenient for you.
You can speak to a GPlive GP about most aspects of men's, women's and children's health.
GPlive GPs will be able to provide clinical advice and guidance, and if safe and suitable for you, issue a private prescription. They can also refer you for minor diagnostic tests and if necessary, refer you for the most appropriate further treatment.
Checking system compatibility
What can I use the GPlive service for?
- Clinical advice
- Private prescriptions to treat acute symptoms e.g. antibiotics, corticosteroid creams, painkillers or drugs to reduce nausea
- Minor diagnostics
- Referral or sick note
What isn’t covered by GPlive?
- Hands-on examinations and treatment
- Emergency treatment e.g. chest pains, suspected stroke or bone fracture
- Alternative therapies, lifestyle surgeries or oral surgery
- If you are pregnant and have any serious concerns or have any concerns about lack of movement
- Controlled medication
How it works
Book a video consultation with a GPlive GP
- Get a prescription, referral or sick note
- Available 7 days a week starting from just
- Should you have any questions please read our FAQ section
- Controlled medication
Where can I use this service?
This service is only available to people physically located in the Republic of Ireland.
What do I need to use the GPlive service on my iPhone or iPad?
For our iOS app, you'll need an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 8 or later.
What do I need to use the GPlive service on my Android phone or tablet?
CareOnCall provides a complete offering to Android users, from 4.4 onwards delivered via CareOnCall.ie - please ensure you are running the latest version of your OS and Browser.
What do I need to use the service on my laptop or desktop?
You'll need a laptop or desktop with a Webcam and Microphone running Windows Vista or later (or on 10.X+ for Mac users) with:
- Google Chrome (latest release version)
- Firefox (latest release version)
- Opera (latest release version)
GPlive video consultations are not supported on Safari or Internet Explorer at the current time.