This browser doesn't support video consultations. Read below ...
Book a video consultation
GPlive is an online video consultation service which allows you to speak face to face with a GP through your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop 7 days a week. All laya healthcare schemes offer a 20% discount for GPlive placing the cost per consultation between €22.40 and €28.00; while some schemes offer a specific number of free consultations.
- 8am to 10pm - Monday to Friday
- 10am to 8pm - Saturday
- 10am to 4pm - Sunday
- All GPs are based in Ireland and are registered with Irish Medical Council and familiar with Irish medical practices
- GPlive GPs can authorise most onward referrals
- Free app to download*
The GPlive GP lets you book a private video consultation with a GP at a time convenient for you.
You can speak to a GPlive GP about most aspects of men's, women's and children's health.
GPlive GPs will be able to provide clinical advice and guidance, and if safe and suitable for you, issue a private prescription. They can also refer you for minor diagnostic tests and if necessary, refer you for the most appropriate further treatment.
Checking system compatibility
What can I use the GPlive service for?
- Clinical advice
- Private prescriptions to treat acute symptoms e.g. antibiotics, corticosteroid creams, painkillers or drugs to reduce nausea
- Minor diagnostics
- Referral or sick note
What isn’t covered by GPlive?
- Hands-on examinations and treatment
- Emergency treatment e.g. chest pains, suspected stroke or bone fracture
- Alternative therapies, lifestyle surgeries or oral surgery
- If you are pregnant and have any serious concerns or have any concerns about lack of movement
- Controlled medication
How it works
Book a video consultation with a GPlive GP
- Get a prescription, referral or sick note
- Available 7 days a week starting from just
- Should you have any questions please read our FAQ section
- Controlled medication
Where can I use this service?
This service is only available to people physically located in the Republic of Ireland.
What do I need to use the GPlive service on my iPhone or iPad?
For our iOS app, you'll need an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 8 or later.
What do I need to use the GPlive service on my Android phone or tablet?
CareOnCall provides a complete offering to Android users, from 4.4 onwards delivered via CareOnCall.ie - please ensure you are running the latest version of your OS and Browser.
What do I need to use the service on my laptop or desktop?
You'll need a laptop or desktop with a Webcam and Microphone running Windows Vista or later (or on 10.X+ for Mac users) with:
- Google Chrome (latest release version)
- Firefox (latest release version)
- Opera (latest release version)
GPlive video consultations are not supported on Safari or Internet Explorer at the current time.
When is GPlive not available?
Due to bank holidays and Christmas, GPlive is not available on the below dates:
- Saturday, May 5 2018
- Sunday, May 6 2018
- Monday, May 7 2018
- Saturday, June 2 2018
- Sunday, June 3 2018
- Monday, June 4 2018
- Saturday, August 4 2018
- Sunday, August 5 2018
- Monday, August 6 2018
- Saturday, October 27 2018
- Sunday, October 28 2018
- Monday, October 29 2018
- Tuesday, December 25 2018
- Wednesday, December 26 2018