The information that you provide is covered by the same patient-doctor confidentiality as in a normal face to face consultation.
A discreet and convenient way to get your Acne treated.
Acne is a skin condition which commonly affects teenagers and young adults as a result of the hormonal changes during puberty causing spots, oily skin and can lead to scarring.
For the vast majority, this skin condition settles over time.
However, it can persist and become an issue for some people later in life - in their late twenties, thirties and forties. It can cause a lot of anxiety and distress.
Acne can settle or clear up with the right treatment. There are lots of products to treat acne available over the counter in your local pharmacy. You should try these before trying prescription medication. If these do not help, you may need a prescription for medications such as creams/ gels alone or in combination with oral antibiotics.
There are different types of spots that are found in acne:
- Comedones (also known as whiteheads and black heads)
- Papules (red bumps)
- Pustules (bumps with a white or yellow head)
- Nodules (bigger, sore red bumps)
- Pseudocysts (bumps with a small amount of fluid in them, like a cyst).
Acne is usually graded as mild, moderate or severe depending on the type of spots, their location and how many there are.
In order to assess your acne we will ask for 2 clear pictures. You can use the camera on your smartphone. You can upload more pictures of your acne if you like.
Fill out the following questionnaire. It will be thoroughly reviewed by an Irish-registered GP who then may prescribe you medication to treat acne, or advise you on the best next course of action for your particular case.
Who is this service for?
This service is for people who:
- Have had a previous diagnosis of Acne by a doctor in the past.
This service is not suitable for you if:
- You have never had Acne
- You are looking for a prescription for Roaccutane, Dianette or Minocycline
- If you have taken any form of injectable or oral steroids for muscle or weight gain
How the service works
- Online consultations with Irish based doctors
- Discretely posted in a plain envelope with no branding
- Our doctors issue a prescription if medically safe and suitable
- Valid in any Irish pharmacy to buy your medication
- Delivery through the post usually within 2 business days after approval.
- Fax service for urgent requests available
Note: We can only ever prescribe for this treatment for patients that are at least 17 years of age.