The information that you provide is covered by the same patient-doctor confidentiality as in a normal face to face consultation.
A discreet and convenient way to delay your period for up to 17 days.
It’s absolutely normal to face times when being on your period is inconvenient. Holidays would be a good example.
At these times, there are medications that can be used to delay it.
Simply fill in the following brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your answers and prescribe if you are medically suitable.
How does the Period Delay treatment work
At CareOnCall we prescribe a period delay pill called Provera. Provera contains a hormone called Medroxyprogesterone acetate (a form of progesterone). Provera is the only form of period delay pill available through our service currently.
This medication is very safe and commonly prescribed. The tablet should be taken 3 times a day, starting 3 days before your period is due. Your period should return within 72 hours after stopping the medication.
How the service works
- Online consultations with Irish based doctors
- Discretely posted in a plain envelope with no branding
- Our doctors issue a prescription if medically safe and suitable
- Valid in any Irish pharmacy to buy your medication
- Delivery through the post usually within 2 business days after approval.
- Fax service for urgent requests available
Note: We can only ever prescribe for this treatment for patients that are at least 17 years of age.