Consent and Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
This form provides for:
- The giving of specific consents in relation to the online medical consultation service (“GPlive Service”), the online prescription service (“Prescription Service”), the home health testing service (“Home Health Test Service”) and the online query response service (“Ask a Health Question”) (together the “Webdoctor Services”) provided by Webdoctor Limited (“Webdoctor”) via the website careoncall.ie (the “Website”) and the CareOnCall mobile application (the “App”). Details of the Online Services (the “Service Information”) are set out in the CareOnCall section of the www.layahealthcare.ie website; and
- Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website and App (the “Terms and Conditions”) set out in the schedule hereto.
This form is to be completed by:
- any person who wishes to avail of the Online Services (or if the person who is to avail of the Online Services is under the age of 17 years, their parent or guardian); and
- any person who wishes to use the Website and App.
This form, the Service Information and the Terms and Conditions are to be read together and treated as the one document. Please read this form, the Service Information carefully and ensure that any questions that you have about the contents of this consent form and/or the Service Information and/or the Online Services are answered for you before you complete this form.
Please note that by using the Website or the App, you confirm that you accept the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA AND DATA PROTECTION
The Website and App are owned by Laya Healthcare Limited (Laya). The GPlive Service, Prescription Service, Home Health Test Service and Ask a Health Question service provided through the Website and App are provided to Laya members by Webdoctor Limited, an approved service provider of Laya. Webdoctor hosts and maintains the Website and App. If you choose to register for the Online Services by submitting your Laya membership number and date of birth, the Website or the App will automatically access your personal data held by Laya and will transmit the following information about you (and any dependents on the policy) to Webdoctor:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your phone number;
- Your date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Your email address;
- Your policy details and all dependents;
- Your relationship to other policy holders (e.g. Mother, Son etc);
- Permissions for policy holders to access member data;
- The number of your dependents and their names and ages; and
- Your benefits (if any) so as to enable those features in the app and website.
You will not be able to register for CareOnCall without validating your identity and consenting.
All information you provide to Webdoctor is protected by the exact same patient-doctor confidentiality you would expect from seeing a doctor face to face and Webdoctor will never share any identifiable sensitive personal data with anyone, including Laya, without your express consent.
Webdoctor may confirm to Laya that you have accessed the Online Services and the type of service you have use but it will not transfer any information about your use of the Online Services to Laya. Webdoctor may send Laya aggregated or anonymised information regarding members’ use of the Services but will never transmit any personal data regarding an individual’s use of the Services to Laya.
Information about yourself, your health and your medical history including, but not limited to, the information you divulge as part of the online consultation assessment to be viewed and exchanged by and between Webdoctor employees and a Doctor working on Webdoctor's behalf for the purpose of conducting a medical consultation.
- The purpose of the Online Services is to provide an online medical consultation service, an online prescription service and an online medical query service as described in the Service Information.
- For more information on the nature of the Online Services, the steps involved in the Online Services and other important information relating to the Online Services and the results of the Online Services, please see the Online Service Information
- Medication is prescribed in accordance with information you provide Webdoctor's doctors through assessments on the website and by careoncall.ie account messages, email and by telephone. Webdoctor relies on the information provided by you and therefore accept no liability for loss or damage arising from the Online Services or medication prescribed if you supply incorrect or incomplete information.
- Webdoctor is not liable for any damage which may arise from your failure to inform your GP or other healthcare professional about treatment you receive via this Website.
- Webdoctor is not liable for any damage which results from your failure to follow advice given on this Website.
- Prescriptions are issued entirely at the discretion of the doctor. Webdoctor Ltd cannot guarantee a consultation with a doctor on this Website will result in a prescription being issued.
- If any of the terms set out herein are held to be invalid or unenforceable then the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- Online consultations made electronically from this Website will be dealt with by a Doctor as soon as possible. careoncall.ie is an online service that relies on third party networks and technology for communication and we are unable to guarantee a time of arrival of consultation information to a Doctor or absolutely guarantee it will arrive at all.
Where payment is required, you are responsible for providing valid credit or debit card details and in doing so you are authorising us to take payment in full for the service and warrant that you are authorised to use the card. Our pricing is clearly displayed on the website. Prices include post and packaging.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- Video consultations may be rescheduled free of charge if requested 24 hours in advance of the appointment time. All requests to reschedule must be made by emailing email@example.com.
- Cancellations for video consultations must be made 24 hours in advance of the appointment time for a refund.
- Cancellations for health tests are accepted provided the unused and unopened Home Test Kit (including packaging box) is returned to us. €15 is deducted from the refund to cover the cost of as the kit (which must be destroyed and cannot be reused) and to cover our postage costs.
- Cancellations for Prescription Service (web-form) consultations (via our online questionnaires and where no video consultation is booked) may be made within thirty days of payment provided the original signed prescription is returned to us unused. Where payment was made, €10 is deducted from the refund to cover some of Webdoctor's costs.
- If Webdoctor's doctors decline to provide you with a prescription in a Prescription Service web-form consultation (via our online questionnaires and where no video consultation is booked), a notification message will be sent to your CareOnCall account and you will receive a full refund.
- Refunds can only be made against your Free Consultation benefit or where payment was made, to the original credit or debit card and take 1 to 10 working days to process.
BY COMPLETING THIS CONSENT FORM, YOU:
- give your consent for information about yourself, your health and your medical history including, but not limited to, the information you divulge as part of the online consultation assessment to be viewed and exchanged by and between Webdoctor employees and a Doctor working on Webdoctor's behalf for the purpose of conducting a medical consultation. You understand this information may be exchanged electronically.
- acknowledge that the Online Services are provided to you by Webdoctor as an approved service provider of Laya.
- confirm that you have read the Terms and Conditions of Use of this Website and agree to same.
- confirm that you have read the Service Information and understand the nature, process and risks associated with the Online Services.
- confirm that you have read the terms of this Consent Form and you consent to receiving the Service or to the person under the age of 17 years who is named as a dependent person in your registration as authorised user taking part in the Screening (as applicable) subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Consent Form.
- agree to register as an authorised user of the site and by doing so you warrant that you are 17 years of age or over and resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- agree to not disclose your authorisation credentials (username and password) to any third party.
- agree not to register or complete online consultations for anyone other than yourself or a child you are the parent of guardian of.
- undertake and warrant that all information provided by you is correct, true and complete.
- agree to promptly inform our doctors of any side effects of treatment and any other issues arising from treatments provided through the website.
- agree to inform your GP about medication supplied and advice given to you through the website.
- accept the advice that the website does not replace your GP and that you should consult with your GP and other health carers when you are advised by Webdoctor's doctors and as need arises.
- agree, in the event that you do not fully understand the questions in the assessment part of the website or are unsure how you should answer those questions, or you do not fully understand the advice or information given to you on the website, that you will seek clarification from Webdoctor's doctors.
- agree that any medication our doctors prescribe to you will be exclusively for your own personal consumption or for the consumption of the person under the age of 17 in relation to whom you have given this consent and not for any other person and you undertake not to supply any other person with any such medication.
- agree that, before taking any medication that Webdoctor's doctors have prescribed, you will read all of the information that the doctor has provided to you, both online and in printed form and that you will read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet that accompanies the medication and that you will follow any advice that the dispensing pharmacist provides to you.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Laya Healthcare Limited trading as Laya Healthcare is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WEBSITE AND APP
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.careoncall.ie is a site operated by Laya Healthcare Limited ("Laya"). Laya is registered in Ireland under company number 242048 and has its registered office at Eastgate Road, Eastgate Business Park, Little Island, Co. Cork. Laya’s main trading address is Eastgate Road, Eastgate Business Park, Little Island, Co. Cork. Laya’s VAT number is IE8242048B
Laya trades as laya healthcare operating as a tied agent in respect of Health Insurance for Elips Insurance Ltd. Laya trades as laya life operating as a tied agent in respect of Life Insurance for iptiQ Life SA. Laya receives payment from Elips Insurance Limited, iptiQ Life SA and Ace European Group Limited in respect of all business generated and details of this agreement are available on request.
Laya is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Laya is subject to the Consumer Protection Code 2012 and the Minimum Competency Code 2011 which offers protection to the consumers. These codes can be found at www.centralbank.ie.
Laya is registered as an Insurance Intermediary under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations, 2005.
Laya subscribe to the Investment Compensation Company Limited. The Investment Compensation Company Limited provides adequate funds out of which eligible investors of failed investment firms are compensated.
Laya is a limited company and a member of the Avondhu Limited group of companies.
ACCESSING SERVICES VIA THIS SITE
The Website and App can be used by members of Laya’s private health insurance schemes (“Members”) to access the following services:
- Prescription Service
- Home Health Test Service
- Ask A Health Question
(together the “Online Services”). The Online Services are provided to Members by Webdoctor Limited, an approved service provider of Laya.
The Website and App provide details on how Members may access the following telephone services:
(together the “Telephone Services”). The Telephone Services are provided to Members by third party approved service providers approved by Laya.
The Online Services and the Telephone are provided to Members in accordance with their scheme rules and table of benefits. Members should refer to their scheme rules brochure and table of benefits, which can be found on the member area at layahealthcare.ie or by phoning 021 202 2000 or LoCall 1890 100 030.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE AND APP
Laya may update the Website and App from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Website and App may be out of date at any given time, and Laya is under no obligation to update them.
We do not guarantee that the Website and App, or any content on them, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE AND APP
The Website and App are made available free of charge.
Laya does not guarantee that the Website and App, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website and App is permitted on a temporary basis. Laya may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website and App without notice. Laya will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website and App is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and App.
Material on this website is directed primarily at viewers in Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland). Laya makes no representations with regard to any of the material in relation to other states. Those accessing this website from locations outside Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent that local laws are applicable.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Laya is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and App, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website and App for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Website and App.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Laya’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website and App must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Website and App for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
Save for information Webdoctor Doctor’s provide to users in the course of providing the Online Services (which information is given subject to the conditions set out above):
- the content on the Website and App is provided for general information only;.
- it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely; and
- you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website and App.
Although Laya makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website and App, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website and App is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website and App or any content on it, whether express or implied are excluded.
Laya will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website and App; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website and App.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, Laya will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that Laya only provides the Website and App for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website and App for any commercial or business purposes, and Laya has no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Laya will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website and App or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Laya assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Website and App. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. Laya will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Laya does not guarantee that the Website and App will be secure or free from bugs.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website and App. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Website and App by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website and App, the server on which the Website and App is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website and App. You must not attack the Website and App via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under Section 9 of the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act, 2001. Laya will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website and App will cease immediately.
LINKING TO THE WEBSITE
You may link to the Website home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
Laya reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where the Website and App contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
Laya has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Laya and Laya Healthcare are Irish registered trademarks of Laya Healthcare Limited.
Thank you for visiting our site.